Thorndale Optimist CLUB CATCH THE ACE RULES
- Ticket purchasers must be 18 years of age or older on the date the ticket is purchased and be in the Province of Ontario at the time of purchase. Ticket price is $5.00
- Thorndale Optimist Club reserves the right to limit the number of tickets sold per person
- Weekly draws will be held on Tuesday nights at 6:30 pm at SUTTON GROUP-SELECT REALTY INC 198 King St Thorndale, Ontario
- The start date of the draw will be September 26th 2023
- One deck of 52 playing cards will be placed in individual opaque envelopes and randomly numbered 1 to 52 inclusive and will be on display at the weekly draw
- Online ticket sales will cease at 12:00 noon on the day of the draw.
- The ticket purchaser must complete the ticket including name, telephone number, email address and envelope number from the list of available numbers on the Available Numbers Control Sheet. Online ticket purchasers must include their mailing address as well as their name, telephone number, email address and envelope number.
- The ticket purchaser is responsible for ensuring the ticket is filled out completely
- The weekly winner shall be selected by drawing one ticket from a drum containing all of the tickets sold that week.
- The person conducting the draw will then open the envelope corresponding to the number noted on the selected ticket. If the envelope does not contain the Ace of Spades the envelope and the card will be destroyed. The weekly winner will receive 20% of the week’s ticket sales. If the envelope contains the Ace of Spades the winner will receive the value of the Ace of Spade pool and 20% of the week’s ticket sales. Once the Ace of Spades is selected the lottery ends.
Proceeds will be dispersed as follows:
- 20% to the weekly draw winner
- 30% to the Chase the Ace progressive jackpot
- 50% retained by The Thorndale Optimist Club
- The person who draws the ACE of spades will win the Jackpot total in addition to the 20% of that weeks draw.
- In the event the ticket purchaser failed to enter an envelope number on the ticket, the person conducting the draw will select the lowest even number envelope. In the event there is no even number envelope then the lowest uneven numbered envelope shall be selected.
- In the event the envelope number listed on the ticket has already been selected in a previous draw, the next highest number will be selected.
- Tickets are only valid for the draw they were purchased for.
- All draws will be video recorded to guarantee the integrity of the draw
- Purchasers of online tickets will receive an email containing a scanned copy of their ticket.
- In the event of a winning ticket being held by a person who is in
contravention of the rules, the ticket holder will not be awarded the prize.
- Refunds will only be allowed until 12:00 noon on the date of the draw.
- Members of the club, and people participating in the physical draw are excluded from purchasing tickets.
- Any and all ticket discrepancies, errors, or concerns must be brought forward to the attention of the event site manager/volunteer prior to the end of the business day the ticket was purchased.
Safety Measures and Security Plan
All ticket sales are online. Therefore there will be no money at the draw location. There are two locked doors between the draw location and the general public. The keys of the draw location only belong to appointed Thorndale Optimist club members. No one other than the members involved with the draw will be permitted inside the draw location at the draw time.
The Ontario Problem Gambling telephone number is: 1-888-230-3505